My name is Kamilly, I am 13 years old. I have two siblings. My family is very poor. We do not have our own house. My parents separated and my mother has to work as a saleslady. I used to wake up early to my mother set everything for the day. I do all the housework before going to school. Money is scarce at home. We could have a simple rice and beans and this is enough for us. Last year my aunt passed away due to Covid-19 and left behind her two children. I took care of them while my uncle is at work. At an early age, I became a housekeeper and a baby sitter to my siblings and cousins. Last year, I got the chance to take the exam for the Sisters of Mary Girlstown and I passed. Here at school, I so blessed with many opportunities. I am learning every day. I study, I pray and I play. I love English as my favorite subject. I want to be a doctor someday and thanks to the help of our generous friends, I am sure I will reach my dreams. A heartfelt gratitude to your goodness. I always remember you in my daily prayers.
Who we are and what we provide
The Sisters Of Mary
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential. In 6 countries there are 400 Sisters of Mary caring for over 21,000 children with the mission of helping them break free from a life of poverty. This is one day in the life of a Sister.
Your Support Provides
- Clean water.
- Medical care.
- Dental care.
- Three nutritious meals a day.
- A safe place to live and study.
- Clothing and school materials.
- Help to break the cycle of poverty.
- Spiritual, physical, and emotional care.
- Vocational training tailored to local industries.
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art.
- Spiritual, social, and academic formation and guidance.
- Education for students that leads to careers or college.