SPONSOR A SISTER
Partner with a Sister to help support the children in her spiritual “family”
SPONSOR A SISTER TODAY
SERVING THE LORD WITH JOY!
Your sponsorship is an ongoing partnership helping the Sisters of Mary provide for the vulnerable children in their care.
When you sign up to Sponsor a Sister by name your sponsorship will help the Sisters of Mary in their daily work. Your relationship will follow your selected Sister wherever she goes in the world to help.
The Sisters of Mary, uniquely, act as Mother-Sisters, caring for 30 to 50 children in spiritual “family” groups in six countries. Your prayers, encouragement, and financial support will aid the daily work of the Sisters of Mary in helping to transform lives.
Each year our Mother Sisters serve in different roles. Their motto is to “Serve the Lord with Joy” and that is what they do wherever they go. In accord with the wishes of their founder, Father Al, the Sisters often transition duties and countries, working wherever the Holy Spirit moves them. If you are interested in learning more about the guiding principles of the Sisters of Mary please read To Live Is Christ, the Sisters of Mary Book of Spirituality written by our founder, Father Aloysius Schwartz.
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Education for students that leads to careers or college
- Daycare for the youngest, most vulnerable children
- Spiritual, physical, emotional, and social care
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- A safe place to live and study for those in our Boystowns and Girlstowns
- Three nutritious meals a day
- Clothing and school materials
- Clean water
- Medical care
- Dental care
- Vocational training tailored to local industries
- Spiritual formation and guidance
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art
- Help to break the cycle of poverty
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Welcome package with information on your selected Mother Sister and the country where she is serving
- Biographies from some of the students, helping you get to know some of the children in our care
- Periodic updates from the Sisters
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement, prayer requests, and photos to your sponsored Mother Sister and her spiritual “family” group. Please note: the Sisters love receiving notes, but as you can understand, it is often difficult for them to write back directly because of their commitments of caring for so many children.
- The peace that you are being remembered daily in prayer
- Unparalleled opportunity to partner in serving the poor and changing lives
- Mission and pilgrimage visits that can be arranged to select locations
- Click below to watch the video “A Day in the Life of A Sister of Mary.” This will give you insight into their daily schedule
- *Please note: In accordance with our child protection policy all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted)