My name is Jayne, I am 13 years old. I came from the state of Pará. When my parent separated five years ago, I lived with my father in a small lot in the farm. Life is very difficult that we could hardly eat a meal a day. Many times, we had to borrow some penny to have a kilo of rice when we cannot produce in the field. Our survival is getting hard so I went to live with my grandparents who are laborers too. I helped them in the field and in fishing. I want to be a lawyer someday so I do my best to study hard to lift up my family and help my other siblings to study too. Now I am in the Sisters of Mary Girstown. I am so glad to have this opportunity. I am learning many things and I am eating sufficiently. I feel sad knowing the situation of my family thinking if they are eating or not. I am so grateful for being here. This place is like a paradise. I cannot express my gratitude just by words but really, I am offering my daily prayers to our benefactors and friends. Without your help, I would not be here. Thank you very much. God bless you.
Who we are and what we provide
The Sisters Of Mary
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential. In 6 countries there are 400 Sisters of Mary caring for over 21,000 children with the mission of helping them break free from a life of poverty. This is one day in the life of a Sister.
Your Support Provides
- Clean water.
- Medical care.
- Dental care.
- Three nutritious meals a day.
- A safe place to live and study.
- Clothing and school materials.
- Help to break the cycle of poverty.
- Spiritual, physical, and emotional care.
- Vocational training tailored to local industries.
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art.
- Spiritual, social, and academic formation and guidance.
- Education for students that leads to careers or college.