SPONSOR SR. YAZMÍN
I currently serve at Boystown, La Villa de Los Niños in Guadalajara, Mexico where we care for 2,000 boys. I am a proud graduate of this great program and have served as a Sister of Mary since 2011.
It was as a student at Girlstown, Villa de los Niñas, in Chalco, Mexico where I received the sacraments of Christian initiation, grew academically, developed my soul, and strengthened in the spiritual realm. One of the things that touches my heart the most and that renews my vocation is to be able to see in each child my own story. Many times, their stories are even more difficult than mine. I think about the change in life that awaits them in all areas: physical, moral, academic, spiritual, and material. I see with great hope a better future for them. Our children do not give up, they never give up, no matter how brutal the fight is, they keep going, and they persevere because they trust God.
My favorite saint is Saint John Paul II, who often said to young people, “Do not be afraid, open your doors wide to Christ.” I always seek to teach the children to be grateful for the opportunities given to them, to fight with courage and effort for that goal they want to achieve, and always to give the best of themselves and never give up, always trusting in God.
It is a privilege for me to be able to teach and advise them in the different stages of their growth, and to witness the wonders that the Lord works in each of these little ones and in their souls. I share joys with them such as playtime, living together, sharing spiritual retreats, laughing until the stomach hurts, having a snack, answering their infinity of questions or curiosities during mealtimes, accompanying them in their triumphs in sports and school competitions, advising them while listening to their pains, correcting their bad habits, and above all, by constantly teaching respect, courtesy, joy, charity, and love.
Everything is possible for those who have faith because I know in whom I have put my trust. “I can do everything in Christ who strengthens me.”
Thank you for your generosity. Your support means a lot to us because without it, we cannot pursue our mission to save souls to God and transform the lives of the poor and needy children!
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH OR LOCATION IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Clean water.
- Medical care.
- Dental care.
- Three nutritious meals a day.
- A safe place to live and study.
- Clothing and school materials.
- Help to break the cycle of poverty.
- Spiritual, physical, and emotional care.
- Vocational training tailored to local industries.
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art.
- Spiritual, social, and academic formation and guidance.
- Education for students that leads to careers or college.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A welcome package with information on your selected Mother Sister.
- Information about the situation of the country in which she is serving.
- Biographies from a few of the children cared for by the Sisters.
- The peace of knowing you are being remembered daily in prayer.
- Opportunity to share your prayer intentions with the Sisters and children.
- Continuing engagement in serving the poor and changing lives.
- Mission and pilgrimage visits can be arranged to select locations.
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement to the Sisters and children.
- Periodic updates from the Sisters of Mary.
- The Sisters love receiving notes, but as you can understand, it is often difficult for them to write back directly because of their commitment to caring for so many children.
- In accordance with our child protection policy, all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted).
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential. In 6 countries there are 400 Sisters of Mary caring for over 21,000 children with the mission of helping them break free from a life of poverty. This is one day in the life of a Sister.