SPONSOR SR. MARTHA
I am Sister Martha. I am currently serving in Girlstown, Villa de las Niñas, in Chalco, Mexico, as the local superior. We take care of almost 3,500 young girls here.
I come from the State of Guerrero, one of the poorest in Mexico. I am the youngest of 11 siblings who were maintained by faith, the love of God, and family. I am a proud graduate of the Sisters of Mary.
I have served as a religious Sister for the Sisters of Mary since 2004. My main inspiration is Father Al himself. His words, “To love is to work, it is to overcome a million obstacles”, are a driving force in my daily life. Every day is an opportunity for holiness for me and for those around me. I love my vocation and I will fight to be holy and win souls for heaven. I receive a lot of energy from the children’s joy as well as their desire to grow and learn. I do my best to take advantage of every second of my life to love God more and serve the poor with courage, joy, and love.
When I see the Sisters, who I took care of as little girls, trying their best in their religious life and serving the poor as Mother Sisters, I remember that they are my spiritual children. Every day, I pray for them because I believe their achievements are also mine. They are very present in my daily prayers. Every day, they represent a great motivation to me because they live for others. They wanted to help the poor and now they are giving their lives for them. I pray for each of the children I have cared for, and I carry them with me as part of my heart. I hope one day to share the joy of heaven and the place that God the Father has prepared for us with all of them. I encourage everyone to join us through their support.
Thank you very much for supporting our work. This charity would not be possible without kind benefactors like you. You are in our prayers.
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH OR LOCATION IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Clean water.
- Medical care.
- Dental care.
- Three nutritious meals a day.
- A safe place to live and study.
- Clothing and school materials.
- Help to break the cycle of poverty.
- Spiritual, physical, and emotional care.
- Vocational training tailored to local industries.
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art.
- Spiritual, social, and academic formation and guidance.
- Education for students that leads to careers or college.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A welcome package with information on your selected Mother Sister.
- Information about the situation of the country in which she is serving.
- Biographies from a few of the children cared for by the Sisters.
- The peace of knowing you are being remembered daily in prayer.
- Opportunity to share your prayer intentions with the Sisters and children.
- Continuing engagement in serving the poor and changing lives.
- Mission and pilgrimage visits can be arranged to select locations.
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement to the Sisters and children.
- Periodic updates from the Sisters of Mary.
- The Sisters love receiving notes, but as you can understand, it is often difficult for them to write back directly because of their commitment to caring for so many children.
- In accordance with our child protection policy, all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted).
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential. In 6 countries there are 400 Sisters of Mary caring for over 21,000 children with the mission of helping them break free from a life of poverty. This is one day in the life of a Sister.