SPONSOR SR. LUIZA
My name is Sister Luiza, and I serve at the Sisters of Mary World Villages for Children, Boystown (Villa de Los Niños) in Guadalajara, Mexico where we care for 2,000 boys. I am proud to be a Mother Sister.
I am from Brasilia, Brazil and I am blessed to be a graduate of the Sisters of Mary Girlstown there. I consider discovering the Sisters of Mary World Villages for Children as a plan of God since it never crossed my mind that I could one day be part of this beautiful work. I prayed a lot as a student. I begged God to show me what I should do in my future, and He did by inspiring me through my Mother Sister. I love my life as a religious Sister of Mary. My favorite part of the day is when I am with my Sisters in the chapel, participating in the sacrifice of Holy Mass.
I enjoy listening to the children’s stories about their lives before coming to us. They tell me how they were living back home, and how their life has been transformed. I pray that my spiritual children be instruments of God in the world after they graduate and that they live in accordance with the spirit that we, the Sisters, try to instill in their hearts. I ask God to give me the perseverance to continue working in His harvest with joy for His glory because I really love my vocation as a Sister of Mary.
I thank our benefactors for making this work possible. It is an everyday miracle. You are always in my prayers and the prayers of my spiritual children. We pray that God may repay you a hundredfold of what your hearts give. Without you, this mission of saving souls every single day will not be realized.
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH OR LOCATION IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Clean water.
- Medical care.
- Dental care.
- Three nutritious meals a day.
- A safe place to live and study.
- Clothing and school materials.
- Help to break the cycle of poverty.
- Spiritual, physical, and emotional care.
- Vocational training tailored to local industries.
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art.
- Spiritual, social, and academic formation and guidance.
- Education for students that leads to careers or college.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A welcome package with information on your selected Mother Sister.
- Information about the situation of the country in which she is serving.
- Biographies from a few of the children cared for by the Sisters.
- The peace of knowing you are being remembered daily in prayer.
- Opportunity to share your prayer intentions with the Sisters and children.
- Continuing engagement in serving the poor and changing lives.
- Mission and pilgrimage visits can be arranged to select locations.
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement to the Sisters and children.
- Periodic updates from the Sisters of Mary.
- The Sisters love receiving notes, but as you can understand, it is often difficult for them to write back directly because of their commitment to caring for so many children.
- In accordance with our child protection policy, all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted).
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential. In 6 countries there are 400 Sisters of Mary caring for over 21,000 children with the mission of helping them break free from a life of poverty. This is one day in the life of a Sister.