SPONSOR SR. LEIZEL
I am Sr. Leizel Omamalin. I am currently serving as a Mother Sister to the children of the Sisters of Mary World Villages for Children School Boystown, in Minglanilla in the Philippines, where we care for and educate 1,900 young boys.
I was born and raised in the Philippines. I am blessed to be a graduate of the Sisters of Mary World Villages for Children Girlstown! I cultivated my religious vocation in my 2nd year of high school. My life as a Sister of Mary is full of contentment. We concentrate our lives on prayer and being with the children. I find great happiness in caring for less fortunate children like I once was.
As a spiritual Mother-Sister, I am very proud of the children in my care. Molding them into better individuals is never a waste of time. God’s unfailing love and blessings are abundant with my call to religious life. As a Mother Sister, I have been given the opportunity to develop my patience and understanding. It is a joy to listen to, care for, and encourage the children through their struggles and triumphs.
I give God praise and honor every day because I have so much to be grateful for. Following Christ alone is a beautiful and unexpected gift from him. Just as Mary’s heart was filled to the brim with thanksgiving when she realized all the graces she had received, so is mine with an appreciation for the immeasurable benefits of living a religious life as a Sister of Mary and a Mother Sister.
Thank you for sponsoring me and my spiritual children. We remember you in our daily prayers.
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH OR LOCATION IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Clean water.
- Medical care.
- Dental care.
- Three nutritious meals a day.
- A safe place to live and study.
- Clothing and school materials.
- Help to break the cycle of poverty.
- Spiritual, physical, and emotional care.
- Vocational training tailored to local industries.
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art.
- Spiritual, social, and academic formation and guidance.
- Education for students that leads to careers or college.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A welcome package with information on your selected Mother Sister.
- Information about the situation of the country in which she is serving.
- Biographies from a few of the children cared for by the Sisters.
- The peace of knowing you are being remembered daily in prayer.
- Opportunity to share your prayer intentions with the Sisters and children.
- Continuing engagement in serving the poor and changing lives.
- Mission and pilgrimage visits can be arranged to select locations.
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement to the Sisters and children.
- Periodic updates from the Sisters of Mary.
- The Sisters love receiving notes, but as you can understand, it is often difficult for them to write back directly because of their commitment to caring for so many children.
- In accordance with our child protection policy, all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted).
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential. In 6 countries there are 400 Sisters of Mary caring for over 21,000 children with the mission of helping them break free from a life of poverty. This is one day in the life of a Sister.