SPONSOR SR. DORA
I am Sister Dora and I currently serve at the Sisters of Mary World Villages for Children Boystown Villa de los Niños in Zona 6, Guatemala. We take care of over 1,200 boys here.
I am from El Progreso, Guatemala. I am a proud graduate of the Sisters of Mary. As a first-year student, I knew I wanted to be a Sister of Mary. I was moved by the care I received from the Mother Sisters. I admired the way they gave themselves for the service of the poor, without expecting anything in return. This was what inspired the call of Christ in my heart, and I am happy to give my life for Christ in the poor.
I am inspired by the children in our care who must leave their families in hopes of better opportunities. When I see them work to reach their goal, transform their family, and help society, I am proud. I welcome them as my spiritual children, and I am honored to be part of their journey in achieving their goals by serving as their Mother Sister.
My greatest joy as a Mother Sister is that I have the opportunity to bring souls to Jesus and offer them to God. I wish to thank you for supporting me and my spiritual children. Your help is very important for us to continue our mission of helping these young girls and boys who come from very poor families and teaching them to live a life with dignity while they study with us. Thanks to you we are able to give the children everything they need academically, spiritually, and emotionally during their stay at the Sisters of Mary World Villages for Children.
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH OR LOCATION IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Clean water.
- Medical care.
- Dental care.
- Three nutritious meals a day.
- A safe place to live and study.
- Clothing and school materials.
- Help to break the cycle of poverty.
- Spiritual, physical, and emotional care.
- Vocational training tailored to local industries.
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art.
- Spiritual, social, and academic formation and guidance.
- Education for students that leads to careers or college.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A welcome package with information on your selected Mother Sister.
- Information about the situation of the country in which she is serving.
- Biographies from a few of the children cared for by the Sisters.
- The peace of knowing you are being remembered daily in prayer.
- Opportunity to share your prayer intentions with the Sisters and children.
- Continuing engagement in serving the poor and changing lives.
- Mission and pilgrimage visits can be arranged to select locations.
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement to the Sisters and children.
- Periodic updates from the Sisters of Mary.
- The Sisters love receiving notes, but as you can understand, it is often difficult for them to write back directly because of their commitment to caring for so many children.
- In accordance with our child protection policy, all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted).
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential. In 6 countries there are 400 Sisters of Mary caring for over 21,000 children with the mission of helping them break free from a life of poverty. This is one day in the life of a Sister.