Parish Poor Box
Please consider the Sisters of Mary World Villages for Children as a beneficiary for your poor box offerings.
The Sisters of Mary and their charitable work serving the poorest of the poor around the world were inspired by the missionary work of Venerable Aloysius Schwartz (“Father Al”).
For more information , please contact Christy George: firstname.lastname@example.org
Understanding the Option of the Cross
GUERRERO, Mexico – At 2 a.m. on Monday morning, we set out for Acatepec, deep in the mountains of Guerrero. The road was all dirt, narrow, steep, rutted, and washed out in more places than not. I was traveling with two sisters of The Sisters of Mary. The road did not deter them. They never mentioned the treacherous journey.
The Sisters of Mary
"Serving the Lord with JOY"
– More than 400 Sisters make up the Sisters of Mary, and they run World Villages for Children schools.
– Their mission is to serve children in need, providing charity in the name of Jesus Christ and helping them escape poverty.
– The Sisters of Mary oversee 18 World Villages for Children schools in 6 countries: Philippines, Mexico, Guatemala, Brazil, Honduras, and Tanzania.
– Currently, they provide 20,000 children with a safe place to live, food, healthcare, faith formation, education, vocational training, and hope for a brighter future.
– The Sisters have rescued and transformed over 170,000 of the world’s poorest children from dire circumstances.
Venerable Father Al Schwartz
A Saint in the Making
– Fr. Al’s story remains one of the greatest untold stories of the 20th century
– After ordination, he consecrated his priesthood to the Virgin of the Poor in Banneux, Belgium
– Inspired by Mary’s apparitions, he served the poor and saved countless souls
– Fr. Al founded the Sisters of Mary World Villages for Children in 1964
– He passed away in 1992 from ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease
– Pope Francis declared him Venerable in 2015