SPONSOR SR. MAUREEN
“WE GIVE OUR LIFE IN LOVE”
Hello, I am Sr. Maureen Antido. I currently serve the Sisters of Mary in World Villages for Children Girlstown in Tanzania. We take care of almost 700 young girls here and we are currently adding new students to the program. I helped to open this school in 2019 and am happy to be serving as a Mother Sister here.
I was born in Rizal, Philippines and am the eldest of 9 children. I am a proud graduate of the Sisters of Mary. My parents and siblings support my vocation – and they too have now increased their faith in God. My younger siblings have finished their studies and have jobs. Some are married and they are all helping each other. I think this is the hundredfold reward of following Jesus especially in serving the poor in His name.
Our vocation is not easy, we really have to forget ourselves in order to serve the children. When recruiting children, there are dangers on the way but I believe Mama Mary is protecting us. This is my opportunity to be of help to the most needy children, though it breaks my heart to see how poor they are and to know that we cannot help everybody.
I am very happy serving as a Mother Sister to the children. I enjoy seeing the children improving and trying their best. When graduates come, especially those I took care of when they were at our school in other countries, they express their gratitude and share their experiences. It gives me great joy knowing that still they remember what they learned. It is worth the sacrifice. Thank you for your support.
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Education for students that leads to careers or college
- Spiritual, physical, emotional, and social care
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- A safe place to live and study
- Three nutritious meals a day
- Clothing and school materials
- Clean water
- Medical care
- Dental care
- Vocational training tailored to local industries
- Spiritual formation and guidance
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art
- Help to break the cycle of poverty
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
New students in Tanzania
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Welcome package with information on the Mother-Sister you are sponsoring and her “family” group of students
- Periodic updates from your Mother-Sister and information about the children under her loving care
- Yearly reports from your Mother-Sister
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement, prayer requests, and photos to your sponsored Mother-Sister and her “family” group
- Unparalleled opportunity to partner in serving the poor and changing lives
- Mission and pilgrimage visits that can be arranged to select locations
- *Please note: In accordance with our child protection policy all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted)
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential.
It is not enough to give the poor food and clothing. They need education that gives them the skills to build a dignified existence for themselves.”