SPONSOR SR. ROSARIO
Boystown, Guadalajara, Mexico
Hello, I am Sister Rosario and I am the fruit of this great family of love since I am a graduate of the Sisters of Mary Girlstown, Villa de las Niñas in Chalco, Mexico. Currently I am a Mother Sister in Boystown, Villa de los Niños, Guadalajara, Mexico where we care for 2,000 boys. I have been part of the Sisters of Mary since the year 2000. I am always amazed by the joy of the Sisters in serving and that is why I have given my life to service and this mission.
Most of the day I am with the children under my care. I love having breakfast and dinner with my spiritual children since that is the time, they usually share their experiences from the day with me. While teaching them catechism, I can see in their eyes the thirst they have to learn more about God. I love serving them, guiding them to Jesus and giving them tools to form their lives and become better people.
In each young person I can realize how God’s love works wonders … I’m just his instrument. Each day for me reveals something new with the children. My daily life with them is very close. When they tell me about their past, I encourage them to love their parents, forgive everything, and not to make their same mistakes. My aspiration as a religious Sister of Mary is to guide these souls to Jesus. May they live a transformed life at the end of their stay with us and may they have the love of God as the center of their lives. Every day, I offer them to God in prayer.
I am very grateful to everyone who makes this work possible, and I ask God to multiply your efforts each day for everything you do for us. Thank you!
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Education for students that leads to careers or college
- Spiritual, physical, emotional, and social care
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- A safe place to live and study
- Three nutritious meals a day
- Clothing and school materials
- Clean water
- Medical care
- Dental care
- Vocational training tailored to local industries
- Spiritual formation and guidance
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art
- Help to break the cycle of poverty
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Welcome package with information on the Mother-Sister you are sponsoring and her “family” group of students
- Periodic updates from your Mother-Sister and information about the children under her loving care
- Yearly reports from your Mother-Sister
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement, prayer requests, and photos to your sponsored Mother-Sister and her “family” group
- Unparalleled opportunity to partner in serving the poor and changing lives
- Mission and pilgrimage visits that can be arranged to select locations
- *Please note: In accordance with our child protection policy all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted)
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential.
It is not enough to give the poor food and clothing. They need education that gives them the skills to build a dignified existence for themselves.”