SPONSOR SR. YADIRA
I am Sister Yadira. I serve as a Mother Sister at Girlstown, Villa de las Niñas in Chalco, Mexico where we care for almost 3,500 girls. I am a proud graduate of this great program and have served as a Sister of Mary since 2009.
I was born to a simple and poor family in Mexico. As a student at Girlstown, I realized that God was calling me to serve him. I feel very happy to be able to do so as a Mother Sister for the Sisters of Mary. Our Boystowns and Girlstowns are both a home and a school, therefore we Mother Sisters take on the role of a spiritual mother. Above all, we try to give each child direct service based on love because Christ Jesus is in each one of them. It is very nice to live with the children because we share their joy, their enthusiasm, and their optimism even though many of them have very difficult pasts.
My favorite photo of Father Al is where he is sitting in his wheelchair dressed in the white chasuble with a big smile. Every time I look at him, I feel driven to overcome my small daily difficulties and to give more of myself to my spiritual children. Each day I do my best to support the children and reinforce their moral values to guide them to God.
I feel very grateful to God and to the Blessed Virgin of the Poor who guided Father Al to dedicate his priesthood to the poor, and for the beautiful vocation that he inspired me to pursue. I am sure that I am on the right path. In the same way, I thank all the people who support us financially because without your support, we could not serve the poor. You are the reason we can continue to fulfill Father Al’s vision of serving the poor. Thank you!
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Education for students that leads to careers or college
- Spiritual, physical, emotional, and social care
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- A safe place to live and study
- Three nutritious meals a day
- Clothing and school materials
- Clean water
- Medical care
- Dental care
- Vocational training tailored to local industries
- Spiritual formation and guidance
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art
- Help to break the cycle of poverty
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Welcome package with information on the Mother-Sister you are sponsoring and her “family” group of students
- Periodic updates from your Mother-Sister and information about the children under her loving care
- Yearly reports from your Mother-Sister
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement, prayer requests, and photos to your sponsored Mother-Sister and her “family” group
- Unparalleled opportunity to partner in serving the poor and changing lives
- Mission and pilgrimage visits that can be arranged to select locations
- *Please note: In accordance with our child protection policy all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted)
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential.
It is not enough to give the poor food and clothing. They need education that gives them the skills to build a dignified existence for themselves.”