Sponsor Sr. Yadira
Currently, I am in Villa de las Niñas, Chalco, Mexico, and I am a graduate of the institution. I am 12 years old as a Sister of Mary.
I am Mexican, born in a simple and poor family, and they are dedicated to agriculture. For that reason, I came to study at Villa de las Niñas. I have three younger brothers.
When I was a child, I met some nuns and I wanted to be like them, but when I met the Sisters of Mary, I realized that God was calling me to serve him in my youth, and I feel very happy to be able to do so.
My favorite saint is Saint John Bosco.
Throughout the day, I support the girls by preparing them for their classes, taking the opportunity to reinforce moral values and guide them to God, and I try to pay attention to all of them. My greatest challenge is to be able to support each of my girls in a direct and personal way, so that once they graduate they will be saints and good citizens.
Thanks a lot!
$39 Feeds one child for one month
$72 Educates one child for one month
$125 Fully sponsors one child for one month
If you prefer to give quarterly or annually, please click here and type the name of the Sister you are partnering with in the “Dedicated to” box:
$1,496 Fully sponsors one child for one year
$49,368 Fully sponsors one family of students for one year (avg. 33 students/family of students)
Sr. Yadira helping a girl in class
Sr. Yadira meets a new 'family' group of students
Your support provides
- Education for students that leads to careers or college
- Spiritual, physical, emotional, and social care
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- A safe place to live and study
- Three nutritious meals a day
- Clothing and school materials
- Clean water
- Medical care
- Dental care
- Vocational training tailored to local industries
- Spiritual formation and guidance
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art
- Help to break the cycle of poverty
You will receive
- Welcome package with information on the Mother-Sister you are sponsoring and her “family” group of students
- Periodic updates from your Mother-Sister and information about the children under her loving care
- Yearly reports from your Mother-Sister
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement, prayer requests, and photos to your sponsored Mother-Sister and her “family” group
- Unparalleled opportunity to partner in serving the poor and changing lives
- Mission and pilgrimage visits that can be arranged to select locations
- *Please note: In accordance with our child protection policy all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted)
The Sisters of Mary
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential.