SPONSOR SR. MARTHA
I am Sister Martha. I am currently serving in Girlstown, Villa de las Niñas, in Chalco, Mexico. Father Al’s words “To love is to work, it is to overcome a million obstacles”, are a driving force in my daily life.
I come from the State of Guerrero, one of the poorest in Mexico. I am the youngest of 11 siblings and one adopted. We were maintained by faith, the love of God, and family. I am proud to be a graduate of the Sisters of Mary.
I have served as a religious Sister for the Sisters of Mary since 2004. My main inspiration is Father Al himself. Every day is an opportunity for holiness for me and for those around me. I love my vocation and I will fight to be holy and win souls for heaven. I receive a lot of energy from the childrens’ joy and their desire to grow and learn. I want to continue what Father Al started and I ask him every day to guide me in giving my best and doing what he can no longer do. I do my best to take advantage of every second of my life to love God more and serve the poor with courage.
When I see the Sisters I took care of as little girls now trying their best in their religious life, serving as Mother Sisters, I remember that they are my spiritual children. Every day, I pray for them because I believe their achievements are also mine. They are very present in my daily prayers. They represent each day to me a great motivation because they live for others. They wanted to help the poor and now they are giving their lives for them. I pray for each of the children I have cared for, and I carry them with me as part of my heart. I hope one day to share the joy of heaven and the place that God the Father has prepared for us with all of them. I encourage you to join us through your support. Thank you.
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Education for students that leads to careers or college
- Spiritual, physical, emotional, and social care
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- A safe place to live and study
- Three nutritious meals a day
- Clothing and school materials
- Clean water
- Medical care
- Dental care
- Vocational training tailored to local industries
- Spiritual formation and guidance
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art
- Help to break the cycle of poverty
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Welcome package with information on the Mother-Sister you are sponsoring and her “family” group of students
- Periodic updates from your Mother-Sister and information about the children under her loving care
- Yearly reports from your Mother-Sister
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement, prayer requests, and photos to your sponsored Mother-Sister and her “family” group
- Unparalleled opportunity to partner in serving the poor and changing lives
- Mission and pilgrimage visits that can be arranged to select locations
- *Please note: In accordance with our child protection policy all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted)
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential.
It is not enough to give the poor food and clothing. They need education that gives them the skills to build a dignified existence for themselves.”