SPONSOR SR. AMALIA
Girlstown, Biga, Philippines
I am originally from the Philippines where I grew up in a very simple farming family. I now care for girls here in Biga at the Sisters of Mary World Villages for Children Girlstown. We care for over 2,000 girls here.
Having grown up in poverty and being a Sister of Mary graduate myself makes it easy for me to relate to the children in my care. A desire for religious life began to slowly grow in me while I was a student at the Sisters of Mary School, Girlstown. It was there that I realized I was called to the same life as the Sisters of Mary, who were taking care of me.
Serving as a Sister of Mary is a vocation more than a decision and I thank God for the grace-filled years working on this mission of helping the poorest of the poor. Ours is one of an active life and typically we spend three hours each day in prayer, take our breakfast and dinner with the children, help them with their daily chores, prepare them for their classes, constantly check their needs, attend to them when they are sick, get their clothes mended, etc.
Thank you for taking the step to make a difference…in a thousand different ways and for many different lives. I am more grateful to you than you might imagine for helping my spiritual children. Your help means so much to them and to me in a personal way. Through your support, we are able to carry out our mission each day, which is a true daily miracle.
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Education for students that leads to careers or college
- Spiritual, physical, emotional, and social care
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- A safe place to live and study
- Three nutritious meals a day
- Clothing and school materials
- Clean water
- Medical care
- Dental care
- Vocational training tailored to local industries
- Spiritual formation and guidance
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art
- Help to break the cycle of poverty
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Welcome package with information on the Mother-Sister you are sponsoring and her “family” group of students
- Periodic updates from your Mother-Sister and information about the children under her loving care
- Yearly reports from your Mother-Sister
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement, prayer requests, and photos to your sponsored Mother-Sister and her “family” group
- Unparalleled opportunity to partner in serving the poor and changing lives
- Mission and pilgrimage visits that can be arranged to select locations
- *Please note: In accordance with our child protection policy all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted)
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential.
It is not enough to give the poor food and clothing. They need education that gives them the skills to build a dignified existence for themselves.”