SPONSOR SR. MAUREEN
“WE GIVE OUR LIFE IN LOVE”
Hello, I am Sr. Maureen. I serve at the Sisters of Mary World Villages for Children Girlstown in Tanzania. We take care of almost 700 young girls here and we are currently adding new students to the program. I helped open this school in 2019 and am happy to be serving as a Mother Sister here.
I was born in Rizal, Philippines, and am the eldest of 9 children. I am a proud graduate of the Sisters of Mary. My parents and siblings support my vocation, they too have now increased their faith in God. My younger siblings have finished their studies and have jobs. Some are married and they are all helping each other. I think this is the hundredfold reward of following Jesus especially in serving the poor in His name.
Our vocation is not easy, we really must forget ourselves in order to serve the children. When recruiting children, there are dangers on the way, but I believe Mama Mary is protecting us. This is my opportunity to be of help to the neediest children. I thank God that I am able to help these souls that bring such joy to my life.
I am very happy serving as a Mother Sister to the children. I enjoy seeing the children improving and trying their best. When graduates come, especially those I took care of when they were at our school in other countries, they express their gratitude and share their experiences. It gives me great joy knowing that still they remember what they learned. It is worth the sacrifice.
Now, being one of the pioneers here in Tanzania, I feel to be assigned as a Mother Sister. We always give thanks to God for our sponsors who take part in our mission to serve the poor. Without you, this mission is not possible. Thank you for your prayers, trust, financial support, and encouragement. We, as a family of the Sisters of Mary, and with our spiritual children, pray daily for you and your families.
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH OR LOCATION IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
New students in Tanzania
Happy girls in Tanzania
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Clean water.
- Medical care.
- Dental care.
- Three nutritious meals a day.
- A safe place to live and study.
- Clothing and school materials.
- Help to break the cycle of poverty.
- Spiritual, physical, and emotional care.
- Vocational training tailored to local industries.
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art.
- Spiritual, social, and academic formation and guidance.
- Education for students that leads to careers or college.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A welcome package with information on your selected Mother Sister.
- Information about the situation of the country in which she is serving.
- Biographies from a few of the children cared for by the Sisters.
- The peace of knowing you are being remembered daily in prayer.
- Opportunity to share your prayer intentions with the Sisters and children.
- The Sisters love receiving notes, but as you can understand, it is often difficult for them to write back directly because of their commitment to caring for so many children.
- In accordance with our child protection policy, all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted).
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential. In 6 countries there are 400 Sisters of Mary caring for over 21,000 children with the mission of helping them break free from a life of poverty. This is one day in the life of a Sister.