SPONSOR SR. MARCELA
Hello, I’m Sister Marcela. I currently serve at the Sisters of Mary World Villages for Children Girlstown in Guatemala where we take care of almost 1000 young girls.
I can relate the children’s story with my own because I am a graduate of the great program of the Sisters of Mary, and I grew up in a family which had many economic hardships.
I spend most of the day with my spiritual children. What I like the most is listening to the children’s stories about what they did at home before coming to the Sisters of Mary. They tell me how their lives have been transformed. This is my greatest gift because the children accept me, and I was given this special opportunity by God.
My desire in my religious life is that one day I can have the opportunity to achieve holiness with my daily life, that I may help save the souls of my family members, the souls of those around me, and the souls of the children that I care for. What I hope for my spiritual children is that they may be saved, that they will be great instruments for the good of humanity, and that they may one day be successful and be able to support the programs of the Sisters of Mary when they have the opportunity. My favorite aspect of being a Sister of Mary is when I go to pray with my Sisters. It is a special time when we are all together in the chapel when we share our joys and experiences, as well as the children’s achievements. My prayer life is for my spiritual children in a very special way. Every morning, I entrust to God these souls that they may grow in stature, in grace, and in the love of God. I also offer prayers for all those with whom I will come into contact during the day, and for you, our benefactors who make our mission possible. I love my vocation as a Sister of Mary.
I think the Sisters of Mary program is a great charity for the poorest of the poor because the work we do comes from God. I thank, with all my heart, the great generosity of our dear benefactors who, with a vision of faith, believe in this beautiful work of God the Father. Thank you for sponsoring my spiritual family and me and God bless you.
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH OR LOCATION IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Clean water.
- Medical care.
- Dental care.
- Three nutritious meals a day.
- A safe place to live and study.
- Clothing and school materials.
- Help to break the cycle of poverty.
- Spiritual, physical, and emotional care.
- Vocational training tailored to local industries.
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art.
- Spiritual, social, and academic formation and guidance.
- Education for students that leads to careers or college.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A welcome package with information on your selected Mother Sister.
- Information about the situation of the country in which she is serving.
- Biographies from a few of the children cared for by the Sisters.
- The peace of knowing you are being remembered daily in prayer.
- Opportunity to share your prayer intentions with the Sisters and children.
- Continuing engagement in serving the poor and changing lives.
- Mission and pilgrimage visits can be arranged to select locations.
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement to the Sisters and children.
- Periodic updates from the Sisters of Mary.
- The Sisters love receiving notes, but as you can understand, it is often difficult for them to write back directly because of their commitment to caring for so many children.
- In accordance with our child protection policy, all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted).
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential. In 6 countries there are 400 Sisters of Mary caring for over 21,000 children with the mission of helping them break free from a life of poverty. This is one day in the life of a Sister.