SPONSOR SR. BLANCA
I am Sister Blanca. I currently serve at The Sisters of Mary World Villages for Children Boystown Villa de los Niños in Honduras and we take care of almost 800 boys here.
I was born in Mexico. When I was just 12 years old, I was blessed to be accepted as a student at the Sisters of Mary World Villages for Children Girlstown, Villa de las Niñas in Chalco, Mexico. It was there that I first received my vocation to become a religious sister. I was moved to see each Mother Sister helping us not only materially, but also spiritually. I felt their great love for prayer. I learned from their example. I understood that the Mother Sisters were always looking for moments to be with Jesus.
As a Sister of Mary, I am honored to serve wherever the Sisters need me. I have had the opportunity to work with both the boys and the girls. Their gratitude and simplicity are something that I admire. I always try to be where the children are, even during class time. I check on them if they are doing well in school and to see that they are behaving well for their teachers. What I like the most is to see them smile, to feel that their joy is sincere, their courage, their firmness to improve themselves, and above all, to see them pray with an attitude full of love and gratitude towards God.
My greatest desire as a religious Sister is to bring souls to God, and that means working hard for the salvation of the souls entrusted to my care as I work on my salvation, too. What I hope for my spiritual children is that they find eternal happiness in God, that the seed of God’s love can bear fruit in them, and that they share it with others as disciples of Christ in the world. I pray that they achieve their goals and dreams, with God in their hearts.
Thank you for sponsoring me and my spiritual children. We remember you in our daily prayers.
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH OR LOCATION IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Clean water.
- Medical care.
- Dental care.
- Three nutritious meals a day.
- A safe place to live and study.
- Clothing and school materials.
- Help to break the cycle of poverty.
- Spiritual, physical, and emotional care.
- Vocational training tailored to local industries.
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art.
- Spiritual, social, and academic formation and guidance.
- Education for students that leads to careers or college.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A welcome package with information on your selected Mother Sister.
- Information about the situation of the country in which she is serving.
- Biographies from a few of the children cared for by the Sisters.
- The peace of knowing you are being remembered daily in prayer.
- Opportunity to share your prayer intentions with the Sisters and children.
- Continuing engagement in serving the poor and changing lives.
- Mission and pilgrimage visits can be arranged to select locations.
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement to the Sisters and children.
- Periodic updates from the Sisters of Mary.
- The Sisters love receiving notes, but as you can understand, it is often difficult for them to write back directly because of their commitment to caring for so many children.
- In accordance with our child protection policy, all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted).
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential. In 6 countries there are 400 Sisters of Mary caring for over 21,000 children with the mission of helping them break free from a life of poverty. This is one day in the life of a Sister.