SPONSOR SR. ARACELI
I am Sister Araceli and I am currently serving as a Mother Sister in Girlstown, Villa de las Niñas, in Chalco, Mexico. We care for almost 3,500 young girls here.
I am originally from Veracruz, Mexico and I come from a simple family that has always been very united in love and prayer. My mother had cancer and saving her was of great concern to all of us, so sometimes I stayed at home to clean, wash clothes, and take care of my younger siblings.
When I was 12 years old, I entered the Sisters of Mary Girlstown, the Villa de las Niñas in Chalco, Mexico. When I was a student here, I began to feel my vocation to serve the poor and knew it was a gift from God. I began to know God in a very deep way through the actions of my Mother Sisters. The Sisters captivated my heart. They followed God closely, and I wanted to be like them. I wanted to serve the poor as they did. The Sisters gave themselves in an unconditional way and served with joy and in the name of Christ.
I have been serving the poor for over 15 years in the name of Christ in the congregation of the Sisters of Mary; I show my love through my prayer and direct service with the children and in imitation of Saint Teresa of Calcutta. I look for a way to sacrifice myself daily for the love of Jesus in the poor. My daily challenge is to get my teaching to penetrate the heart of each girl so that it bears fruit and thus the children will be able to transmit it in society. Thank you for your support!
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH OR LOCATION IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
Sr. Araceli cleaning with the girls
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Clean water.
- Medical care.
- Dental care.
- Three nutritious meals a day.
- A safe place to live and study.
- Clothing and school materials.
- Help to break the cycle of poverty.
- Spiritual, physical, and emotional care.
- Vocational training tailored to local industries.
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art.
- Spiritual, social, and academic formation and guidance.
- Education for students that leads to careers or college.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A welcome package with information on your selected Mother Sister.
- Information about the situation of the country in which she is serving.
- Biographies from a few of the children cared for by the Sisters.
- The peace of knowing you are being remembered daily in prayer.
- Opportunity to share your prayer intentions with the Sisters and children.
- Continuing engagement in serving the poor and changing lives.
- Mission and pilgrimage visits can be arranged to select locations.
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement to the Sisters and children.
- Periodic updates from the Sisters of Mary.
- The Sisters love receiving notes, but as you can understand, it is often difficult for them to write back directly because of their commitment to caring for so many children.
- In accordance with our child protection policy, all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted).
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential. In 6 countries there are 400 Sisters of Mary caring for over 21,000 children with the mission of helping them break free from a life of poverty. This is one day in the life of a Sister.