SPONSOR SR. AMALIA
Hi, I am Sr. Amalia. I am originally from the Philippines where I grew up in a very simple farming family. I now care for girls here in Biga at the Sisters of Mary World Villages for Children Girlstown. We care for over 2,000 girls here.
Having grown up in poverty and being a Sister of Mary graduate myself, it is easy for me to relate to the children in my care. A desire for religious life began to grow in me while I was a student at the Sisters of Mary School, Girlstown. It was there that I realized I was called to the same life as the Sisters of Mary who were taking care of me.
Serving as a Sister of Mary is a vocation more than a decision, and I thank God for the grace-filled years working on this mission of helping the poorest of the poor. Ours is one of an active life and typically we spend three hours each day in prayer, eat our breakfast and dinner with the children, help them with their daily chores, prepare them for their classes, constantly check their needs, attend to them when they are sick, get their clothes mended, etc. Every day I strive to be totally present with my spiritual children entrusted to my care.
This place that becomes the fruit of your generosity and love will be forever our home. Thank you for taking the step to make a difference in a thousand different ways and for many different lives. I am more grateful to you than you could imagine for helping my spiritual children. Through your support, we are able to carry out our mission each day, which is a true miracle.
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH OR LOCATION IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Clean water.
- Medical care.
- Dental care.
- Three nutritious meals a day.
- A safe place to live and study.
- Clothing and school materials.
- Help to break the cycle of poverty.
- Spiritual, physical, and emotional care.
- Vocational training tailored to local industries.
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art.
- Spiritual, social, and academic formation and guidance.
- Education for students that leads to careers or college.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A welcome package with information on your selected Mother Sister.
- Information about the situation of the country in which she is serving.
- Biographies from a few of the children cared for by the Sisters.
- The peace of knowing you are being remembered daily in prayer.
- Opportunity to share your prayer intentions with the Sisters and children.
- Continuing engagement in serving the poor and changing lives.
- Mission and pilgrimage visits can be arranged to select locations.
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement to the Sisters and children.
- Periodic updates from the Sisters of Mary.
- The Sisters love receiving notes, but as you can understand, it is often difficult for them to write back directly because of their commitment to caring for so many children.
- In accordance with our child protection policy, all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted).
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential. In 6 countries there are 400 Sisters of Mary caring for over 21,000 children with the mission of helping them break free from a life of poverty. This is one day in the life of a Sister.