SPONSOR SR. ALEJANDRA
I currently serve at Boystown, Villa de Los Niños in Guadalajara, Mexico where we care for 2,000 boys.
I am originally from Tetelcingo Cosmatepec in Veracruz, Mexico and I share a similar history with the children. I did not attend Girlstown myself, but I decided to become a Sister of Mary in 2001 because I understand the congregation’s mission.
The best part of being a Sister of Mary is serving the poor in their homes, their situation, economically, and more. As the children study, they change the course of their lives. In each child, there is the simplicity of spirit. As they express their concerns and desires, I see how a new seed will grow and be strengthened to maintain their faith and to have hope, both in themselves and in the world.
Thanks to the encouragement of many generous people, the children receive everything that is necessary spiritually and materially. The youth who prepare themselves and study at the Sisters of Mary change their lives and have opportunities for better work and continuing onto college. Then the graduates can help their families and their communities. With the generous help of benefactors, the charity of the Sisters of Mary can help more poor families. Thank you for sponsoring my spiritual family and me.
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH OR LOCATION IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
Sr. Alejandra washing clothes with family group
Sr. Alejandra in class with boys
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Clean water.
- Medical care.
- Dental care.
- Three nutritious meals a day.
- A safe place to live and study.
- Clothing and school materials.
- Help to break the cycle of poverty.
- Spiritual, physical, and emotional care.
- Vocational training tailored to local industries.
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art.
- Spiritual, social, and academic formation and guidance.
- Education for students that leads to careers or college.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A welcome package with information on your selected Mother Sister.
- Information about the situation of the country in which she is serving.
- Biographies from a few of the children cared for by the Sisters.
- The peace of knowing you are being remembered daily in prayer.
- Opportunity to share your prayer intentions with the Sisters and children.
- Continuing engagement in serving the poor and changing lives.
- Mission and pilgrimage visits can be arranged to select locations.
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement to the Sisters and children.
- Periodic updates from the Sisters of Mary.
- The Sisters love receiving notes, but as you can understand, it is often difficult for them to write back directly because of their commitment to caring for so many children.
- In accordance with our child protection policy, all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted).
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential. In 6 countries there are 400 Sisters of Mary caring for over 21,000 children with the mission of helping them break free from a life of poverty. This is one day in the life of a Sister.