SPONSOR SR. MARILYN
Hello, I am Sister Marilyn. I am a Sister of Mary serving at Girlstown, Villa de las Niñas in Chalco, Mexico. We take care of almost 3,500 young girls here.
I am originally from Candelaria Quezon, Philippines. I am one of the thousands of children saved by the Sisters of Mary, not only from poverty but from the world’s violence and I am a proud graduate of this school.
I joined the congregation as a religious in 2007 and understand that God has prepared me for this special calling. I was sent from the Philippines to the community in Chalco, Mexico, in 2016. I was very excited and anxious at the same time upon arriving in Mexico. I thought the language might be a barrier, but the invitation to be part of the “unfinished symphony” of our founder Father Al echoed in my heart. That freed me from the fear of being so far from home. I served as a Mother Sister to the children. Being with them in their different activities made me fully alive. Through my service to the children, I realized that I could relate to their emotional aches and pains due to what God has permitted me to experience. I learned that most children did not hesitate to open their souls and share their pains whenever I counseled them. I strongly believe in the language of the heart.
Currently, I serve at the Villa Aloysius Memorial and Spiritual Center, which I consider an extraordinary grace from God through the congregation. I try to be faithful in fulfilling my duties and responsibilities every day as a religious sister, simultaneously practicing our calling to be Martha and Mary, as in the gospels. I have been blessed to learn much about Father Al’s spirituality in this responsibility at the Villa Aloysius Memorial and Spiritual Center. I can feel his presence, although I never met him personally.
Thank you for sponsoring me, and I hope you will make a pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico City and the Villa Aloysius Memorial and Spiritual Center here at the Sisters of Mary World Villages for Children Girlstown, Chalco, Mexico. You are in my prayers.
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH OR LOCATION IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
Sr. Marilyn preparing for guests at the Villa Aloysius Memorial and Spiritual Center.
Sr. Marilyn praying with students at Girlstown in Chalco, Mexico.
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Clean water.
- Medical care.
- Dental care.
- Three nutritious meals a day.
- A safe place to live and study.
- Clothing and school materials.
- Help to break the cycle of poverty.
- Spiritual, physical, and emotional care.
- Vocational training tailored to local industries.
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art.
- Spiritual, social, and academic formation and guidance.
- Education for students that leads to careers or college.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A welcome package with information on your selected Mother Sister.
- Information about the situation of the country in which she is serving.
- Biographies from a few of the children cared for by the Sisters.
- The peace of knowing you are being remembered daily in prayer.
- Opportunity to share your prayer intentions with the Sisters and children.
- Continuing engagement in serving the poor and changing lives.
- Mission and pilgrimage visits can be arranged to select locations.
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement to the Sisters and children.
- Periodic updates from the Sisters of Mary.
- The Sisters love receiving notes, but as you can understand, it is often difficult for them to write back directly because of their commitment to caring for so many children.
- In accordance with our child protection policy, all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted).
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America, and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential. In 6 countries there are 400 Sisters of Mary caring for over 21,000 children with the mission of helping them break free from a life of poverty. This is one day in the life of a Sister.