SPONSOR A SISTER
Partner with a Sister to help support the children in her spiritual “family”
SPONSOR A SISTER TODAY
SERVING THE LORD WITH JOY!
Your sponsorship is an ongoing partnership helping the Sisters of Mary provide for the vulnerable children in their care.
When you sign up to Sponsor a Sister by name your sponsorship will help the Sisters of Mary in their daily work. Your relationship will follow your selected Sister wherever she goes in the world to help.
The Sisters of Mary, uniquely, act as Mother-Sisters, caring for 30 to 50 children in spiritual “family” groups in six countries. Your prayers, encouragement, and financial support will aid the daily work of the Sisters of Mary in helping to transform lives.
Each year our Mother Sisters serve in different roles. Their motto is to “Serve the Lord with Joy” and that is what they do wherever they go. In accord with the wishes of their founder, Father Al, the Sisters often transition duties and countries, working wherever the Holy Spirit moves them. If you are interested in learning more about the guiding principles of the Sisters of Mary please read To Live Is Christ, the Sisters of Mary Book of Spirituality written by our founder, Father Aloysius Schwartz.
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Clean water.
- Medical care.
- Dental care.
- Three nutritious meals a day.
- A safe place to live and study.
- Clothing and school materials.
- Help to break the cycle of poverty.
- Spiritual, physical, and emotional care.
- Vocational training tailored to local industries.
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art.
- Spiritual, social, and academic formation and guidance.
- Education for students that leads to careers or college.
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- A welcome package with information on your selected Mother Sister.
- Information about the situation of the country in which she is serving.
- Biographies from a few of the children cared for by the Sisters.
- The peace of knowing you are being remembered daily in prayer.
- Opportunity to share your prayer intentions with the Sisters and children.
- Continuing engagement in serving the poor and changing lives.
- Mission and pilgrimage visits can be arranged to select locations.
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement to the Sisters and children.
- Periodic updates from the Sisters of Mary.
- The Sisters love receiving notes, but as you can understand, it is often difficult for them to write back directly because of their commitment to caring for so many children.
- In accordance with our child protection policy, all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted).