SPONSOR SR. MARCELA
Girlstown, Guatemala City, Guatemala
Hello, I’m Sister Marcela. I currently serve at the Sisters of Mary World Villages for Children Girlstown in Guatemala where we take care of almost 1000 young girls. I can relate the children’s story with my own because I too am a graduate of the great program of the Sisters of Mary.
My favorite aspect of being a Sister of Mary is when I go to pray with my Sisters. It is a special time when we are all together in the chapel, when we share our joys and experiences, as well as our spiritual children’s achievements. I spend most of the day with my spiritual children. What I like the most is listening to the children’s stories about what they did at home before coming to the Sisters of Mary. They tell me how their lives have been transformed. This is my greatest gift because it is from God.
My desire in my religious life is that one day I can have the opportunity to achieve holiness with my daily life, that I may save the souls of my family members, the souls of those around me, and the souls of the children that I care for. What I hope for my spiritual children is that they may be saved, that they be great instruments for the good of humanity, and that they may one day be successful and be able to support the programs of the Sisters of Mary when they have the opportunity. My prayer life is for them in a very special way. Every morning, I entrust to God these souls that they may grow in stature, in grace, and in the love of God. I also offer prayers for all those with whom I will come into contact during the day, and for you, our benefactors who make our mission possible. I love my vocation as a Sister of Mary.
I think the Sisters of Mary program is a great charity for the poorest of the poor, because the work we do comes from God. Thank you for sponsoring me and my spiritual family and God bless you.
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Education for students that leads to careers or college
- Spiritual, physical, emotional, and social care
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- A safe place to live and study
- Three nutritious meals a day
- Clothing and school materials
- Clean water
- Medical care
- Dental care
- Vocational training tailored to local industries
- Spiritual formation and guidance
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art
- Help to break the cycle of poverty
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Welcome package with information on the Mother-Sister you are sponsoring and her “family” group of students
- Periodic updates from your Mother-Sister and information about the children under her loving care
- Yearly reports from your Mother-Sister
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement, prayer requests, and photos to your sponsored Mother-Sister and her “family” group
- Unparalleled opportunity to partner in serving the poor and changing lives
- Mission and pilgrimage visits that can be arranged to select locations
- *Please note: In accordance with our child protection policy all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted)
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential.
It is not enough to give the poor food and clothing. They need education that gives them the skills to build a dignified existence for themselves.”