Sponsor Sr. Marcela
Boystown, Guadalajara, Mexico
I’m Sister Marcela Aguilar Guzmán. I am currently in Boystown, Villa de los Niños de Guadalajara, with the grace of God, I have been in the congregation of the Sisters of Mary for 19 years. I care for seventh grade boys. I can relate the children’s story with my own because am Mexican by birth and I attended Girlstown, Villa de los Niñas de Chalco myself.
Something I saw last year when another sister and I went to recruit children from a shelter was that the children wanted us to hug them. Their seeking the affection and love they had hitherto lacked touched my heart. My favorite aspect of being a Sister of Mary sister is when I go to pray with my sisters, all of us together in the chapel, and when we share our joys and sorrows, as well as our young people’s achievements.
I think the Sister of Mary program is a great charity for the poorest of the poor, thanks to the faith of benefactors, donors, and people with good hearts, because the work we do comes from God. We sisters are instruments who carry the work forward. That’s why I thank, with all my heart, the great generosity of our dear benefactors who, with a vision of faith, believe in this beautiful work of the Father. The latter will intercede from heaven on behalf of those who help the poor overcome their poverty. I trust in God they will continue supporting us since, without their great generosity, this work would not be feasible.
Thank you and God bless you.
$39 Feeds one child for one month
$72 Educates one child for one month
$125 Fully sponsors one child for one month
If you prefer to give quarterly or annually, please click here and type the name of the Sister you are partnering with in the “Dedicated to” box:
$1,496 Fully sponsors one child for one year
$49,368 Fully sponsors one family of students for one year (avg. 33 students/family of students)
Sr. Marcela bringing new blankets to the rooms
Sr. Marcela with family group outside
Your support provides
- Education for students that leads to careers or college
- Spiritual, physical, emotional, and social care
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- A safe place to live and study
- Three nutritious meals a day
- Clothing and school materials
- Clean water
- Medical care
- Dental care
- Vocational training tailored to local industries
- Spiritual formation and guidance
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art
- Help to break the cycle of poverty
You will receive
- Welcome package with information on the Mother-Sister you are sponsoring and her “family” group of students
- Periodic updates from your Mother-Sister and information about the children under her loving care
- Yearly reports from your Mother-Sister
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement, prayer requests, and photos to your sponsored Mother-Sister and her “family” group
- Unparalleled opportunity to partner in serving the poor and changing lives
- Mission and pilgrimage visits that can be arranged to select locations
- *Please note: In accordance with our child protection policy all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted)
The Sisters of Mary
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential.