SPONSOR SR. ALEJANDRA
Boystown, Guadalajara, Mexico
I currently serve at Boystown, La Villa de Los Niños in Guadalajara, Mexico where we care for 2,000 boys.
I am originally from Tetelcingo Cosmatepec in Veracruz, Mexico and I share a similar history with the children. I did not attend Girlstown myself, but I decided to become a Sister of Mary in 2001 because I understand the mission of the congregation.
The best part of being a Sister of Mary is serving the poor in their homes, their situation, economically and more. As the children study, they change the course of their lives. In each child there is simplicity of spirit. As they express their concerns and desires, I see how a new seed will grow and be strengthened to maintain the faith and to have hope, both in themselves and in the world.
Thanks to the encouragement of many generous people the children receive everything that is necessary, spiritually and materially. The youth who prepare themselves and study at the Sisters of Mary change their lives and have opportunity for better work and continuing onto college. Then the graduates can help their families and their communities. With the generous help of benefactors, the charity of the Sisters of Mary can help more poor families. Thank you for sponsoring me and my spiritual family.
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Education for students that leads to careers or college
- Spiritual, physical, emotional, and social care
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- A safe place to live and study
- Three nutritious meals a day
- Clothing and school materials
- Clean water
- Medical care
- Dental care
- Vocational training tailored to local industries
- Spiritual formation and guidance
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art
- Help to break the cycle of poverty
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Welcome package with information on the Mother-Sister you are sponsoring and her “family” group of students
- Periodic updates from your Mother-Sister and information about the children under her loving care
- Yearly reports from your Mother-Sister
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement, prayer requests, and photos to your sponsored Mother-Sister and her “family” group
- Unparalleled opportunity to partner in serving the poor and changing lives
- Mission and pilgrimage visits that can be arranged to select locations
- *Please note: In accordance with our child protection policy all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted)
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential.
It is not enough to give the poor food and clothing. They need education that gives them the skills to build a dignified existence for themselves.”