SPONSOR SR. ARACELI
“I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE GOD AS MANY SOULS AS THE WILD SUNFLOWERS IN THE FIELD”
I am Sister Araceli and I am currently serving as a Mother Sister in Girlstown, Villa de las Niñas, in Chalco, Mexico. We care for almost 3,500 young girls here.
I am originally from Veracruz, Mexico and I come from a simple and honest family. With the little that my father earned and with the help of Divine Providence we never lacked for anything; we always had what we needed for the day.
I am a graduate of the Sisters of Mary Girlstown, the Villa de las Niñas in Chalco, Mexico. When I was a student here, I began to feel my vocation to serve the poor and knew it was a gift from God. I began to know God in a very deep way through the actions of my Mother Sisters. The Sisters captivated my heart. They followed God closely, and I wanted to be like them. I wanted to serve the poor as they did; the Sisters gave themselves in an unconditional way and served with joy and in the name of Christ.
I have been serving the poor for over 15 years in the name of Christ in the congregation of the Sisters of Mary; I show my love through my prayer and direct service with the children and in imitation of Saint Teresa of Calcutta. I look for a way to sacrifice myself daily for the love of Jesus in the poor. My daily challenge is to get my teaching to penetrate the heart of each girl so that it bears fruit and thus the children will be able to transmit it in society. Thank you for your support!
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Education for students that leads to careers or college
- Spiritual, physical, emotional, and social care
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- A safe place to live and study
- Three nutritious meals a day
- Clothing and school materials
- Clean water
- Medical care
- Dental care
- Vocational training tailored to local industries
- Spiritual formation and guidance
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art
- Help to break the cycle of poverty
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Welcome package with information on the Mother-Sister you are sponsoring and her “family” group of students
- Periodic updates from your Mother-Sister and information about the children under her loving care
- Yearly reports from your Mother-Sister
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement, prayer requests, and photos to your sponsored Mother-Sister and her “family” group
- Unparalleled opportunity to partner in serving the poor and changing lives
- Mission and pilgrimage visits that can be arranged to select locations
- *Please note: In accordance with our child protection policy all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted)
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential.
It is not enough to give the poor food and clothing. They need education that gives them the skills to build a dignified existence for themselves.”