SPONSOR SR. ALMA
I am Sister Alma. I serve as a Mother Sister in Girlstown, Villa de las Niñas, in Chalco, Mexico where we care for almost 3,500 girls.
I can relate the children’s story with my own because I am Mexican by birth and I attended and graduated from Girlstown, Villa de las Niñas de Chalco myself. As a student here my religious vocation was born. My faith started from within the family here, but now, I experience God’s love through my service to the children, inspired by Father Al, our founder.
My daily life consists of nurturing my spiritual life and giving good daily service to the children under my care. Many of the children carry with them pain from their pasts. I cannot say that it is easy work, but it is God’s work. I do absolutely nothing on my own, but because of the grace that I receive every day in the Eucharist, this is the “engine” of my life. I like to help the community with the little things that I can do. I consider each child as a beautiful flower – each one different to offer up to God.
I try to live each day as a new opportunity to get closer to God and I desire to work for His glory. I would like to continue helping the children in their growth with the aim of saving souls for God. Thank you for supporting this work and for sponsoring me and my spiritual family.
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Education for students that leads to careers or college
- Spiritual, physical, emotional, and social care
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- A safe place to live and study
- Three nutritious meals a day
- Clothing and school materials
- Clean water
- Medical care
- Dental care
- Vocational training tailored to local industries
- Spiritual formation and guidance
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art
- Help to break the cycle of poverty
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Welcome package with information on the Mother-Sister you are sponsoring and her “family” group of students
- Periodic updates from your Mother-Sister and information about the children under her loving care
- Yearly reports from your Mother-Sister
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement, prayer requests, and photos to your sponsored Mother-Sister and her “family” group
- Unparalleled opportunity to partner in serving the poor and changing lives
- Mission and pilgrimage visits that can be arranged to select locations
- *Please note: In accordance with our child protection policy all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted)
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential.
It is not enough to give the poor food and clothing. They need education that gives them the skills to build a dignified existence for themselves.”