SPONSOR SR. JUANA
“Do what is right now, do what is best for Jesus.” Fr. Al (Founder)
I am currently serving in the community of Amarateca, Honduras, at Villa de los Niños. I have been in the congregation for 16 years, including my formative years.
I am Guatemalan, I was born in a family with a regular faith, not very practicing. My parents made an effort to have a job, although they had to leave us alone to get money and give us what we needed. I am a graduate of Villa de las Niñas, Zone 13 in Guatemala.
There are several Saints that I admire and they invite me to imitate them into the spiritual life, but related to my service I feel identified with Santa Mariana de Jesús Paredes, in the way she made an effort to help others with the talents that God gave her. For my part, with the task that I have to teach songs to children, I put myself under his intercession. Also, Father Al invites me to do my best, so I strive every day to do good for children and try to serve them every day at the way of Christ.
God has filled me with graces and blessings, and despite the differences in the community, I have tried to accept the others as they are, seeing the good in each person around me, since the opposite has been my difficulty.
Thank you very much.
YOUR SUPPORT PROVIDES
- Education for students that leads to careers or college
- Spiritual, physical, emotional, and social care
- Protection from abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- A safe place to live and study
- Three nutritious meals a day
- Clothing and school materials
- Clean water
- Medical care
- Dental care
- Vocational training tailored to local industries
- Spiritual formation and guidance
- Opportunities to participate in sports, music, and art
- Help to break the cycle of poverty
$39 FEEDS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$72 EDUCATES ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
$125 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE MONTH
IF YOU PREFER TO GIVE QUARTERLY OR ANNUALLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE AND TYPE THE NAME OF THE SISTER YOU ARE PARTNERING WITH IN THE “DEDICATED TO” BOX:
$1,496 FULLY SPONSORS ONE CHILD FOR ONE YEAR
$49,368 FULLY SPONSORS ONE FAMILY OF STUDENTS FOR ONE YEAR (AVG. 33 STUDENTS/FAMILY OF STUDENTS)
YOU WILL RECEIVE
- Welcome package with information on the Mother-Sister you are sponsoring and her “family” group of students
- Periodic updates from your Mother-Sister and information about the children under her loving care
- Yearly reports from your Mother-Sister
- Opportunities to send notes of encouragement, prayer requests, and photos to your sponsored Mother-Sister and her “family” group
- Unparalleled opportunity to partner in serving the poor and changing lives
- Mission and pilgrimage visits that can be arranged to select locations
- *Please note: In accordance with our child protection policy all communications go through the WVC office in the U.S. (personal contact information will be redacted)
THE SISTERS OF MARY
The Sisters of Mary are devoted to helping the poorest of the poor in Asia, Latin America and Africa. The religious order was founded by Aloysius Schwartz, the priest of the poor. The Sisters have been operating charitable programs for more than fifty years serving children with the greatest need who have the greatest potential.
It is not enough to give the poor food and clothing. They need education that gives them the skills to build a dignified existence for themselves.”