THE SISTERS OF MARY
HELPING CHILDREN BREAK FREE FROM A LIFE OF POVERTY
It is only through the generosity of our friends and donors that we are able to continue the work of Fr. Al to help children around the world break free from a life of poverty.
“THEY MIGHT BE SAINTS” BY EWTN
EWTN’s documentary series, “They Might Be Saints” will focus on the staggering life and heroic work of Father Aloysius Schwartz – founder of the Sisters of Mary and World Villages for Children. Check your local listings. Below are the dates & times of the airings:
- Monday, March 15th at 11:30 AM EST
- Tuesday, March 16th at 5:30 PM EST
- Friday, March 19th at 5:00 PM EST
PRIEST & BEGGAR
THE HEROIC LIFE & MINISTRY OF FR. AL SCHWARTZ
A native of Washington D.C., Father Al began his life’s work in Busan, South Korea serving orphans, the sick, and the poorest of the poor. Through his tireless work, hundreds of thousands in Asia, Latin America, and now Africa have been given the chance to break free from the grinding poverty endemic in their countries.
Not long after his passing in 1992, the long process of Father Al’s canonization began. The Vatican declared him a “Servant of God” in 2004, then as “Venerable” in 2015. The next step of Beatification is now well underway.
Today, the Sisters of Mary and World Villages for Children continue the work started by Father Al by fostering vulnerable children around the world. We provide a safe place for these children to live, grow, and learn, both academically and spiritually.
With your support, we can continue our mission to provide quality housing and education for all children everywhere.
OTHER WAYS TO SUPPORT WORLD VILLAGES:
Become a Guardian Angel – Support our mission with an automatic gift by credit card or ACH debit and become a Guardian Angel of the Children.Fr. Al and The Sisters of Mary
Planned Giving – Your lasting legacy to our children: remembering World Villages for Children in your Estate Plans.
Gifts in memoriam or in honor of a loved one – Parents and friends may consider asking others to honor the memory of a loved one with a gift to WVC to support our mission.
Pray for our success – Remember our children and the Sisters of Mary in your prayers.
Be an ambassador of WVC – Talk about World Villages for Children to your friends and family.
READ MORE ABOUT THE LIFE OF FR. AL IN THE UPCOMING BIOGRAPHY
PRIEST AND BEGGAR: THE HEROIC LIFE OF VENERABLE ALOYSIUS SCHWARTZ
BY KEVIN WELLS
- A powerful, deeply moving biography of a modern American priest who did heroic work for the poorest of the poor in Korea following the devastation of the Korean War
- The inspiring life and sacrificial love of Father Schwartz counters the negative images portrayed of priests in today’s culture
- Reveals the great legacy that Fr. Schwartz left which continues his work through the religious order he founded to carry on and expand his important work worldwide
- Available through Ignatius Press May 20, 2021