At World Villages for Children, we are partners with you in helping children break free from a life of poverty. When you submit personally identifying information (“Personal Information”) to us or any of our staff, you consent to the terms and conditions of the policy and to our processing and use of Personal Information for the purposes stated below.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. At World Villages for Children, we collect and store the personally identifiable information in our donor database to better serve you. As you make gifts, sign-up for newsletters and correspond with our staff, we make updates to your information to have the most current and accurate information available.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We only rent or exchange lists we maintain that may include your Personal Information, collected on the website or through any other activities, with other third parties we believe engage in activities that consistent with the mission and core beliefs of World Villages for Children. You may opt out of having your Personal Information shared by us for any reason.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process donations.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information please contact us or call 1-800-662-6316.
If you would like to change your information, privacy preferences, or would like more information, please contact our office:
World Villages for Children abides by the internationally recognized Donor Bill of Rights and International Statement of Ethical Principles in Fundraising.